How To Install A Car Radio Like A Pro?
Are you sick of those monotonous car radios which are company radios? Those radios are flat and give distorted music on the high pitch. Do you want to upgrade your car radio?
Well, if you are planning so, do not get scared of the installation part. It is very simple. All you need to do it to refer this complete guide and once you finish it, you will be like a pro.
There are mainly three steps to finish this task of Installing Car Radio. All three are as mentioned below:
Jump to section
- Carefully take out the preinstalled factory radio from your dashboard.
- Do not get scared of complex wiring and connect your receiver.
- Install your new and upgraded stereo to enjoy the crystal pellucid sound in your car.
- Before start uninstalling the factory stereo, pull off your parking brakes and disconnect the negative supply of the battery of your car.
- Look out for the screws which are there too on the trim place and gently unscrew them.
- Take out the pry tool from your tool box or use your hands to remove the trim of car radio.
- Before you pull out the radio, remove any important component.
- Now, it is time to loosen the radio. However, different cars have different methods for it. If you find any screw or bolts which are supporting your car radio, then remove it. If you cannot see such things, then you will need radio removal key to do so.
- Now gently pull out your radio. You may need a tool called needle-nose pliers for pulling it out. Furthermore, if your radio does not come out gently then look carefully if you have missed unscrewing
- Take the pictures of the connections to use it afterward to see how the radio was wired. Smoothly disconnect all the wires.
- Meticulously check your car’s harness and new radio’s harness. Most of the harnesses are different, so it is easy to identify which one should be connected with which one.
However, some of the radio does not have harnesses. In such cases, you will need to connect all the wires manually. You do not need to panic that much as wires have color codes which make this task simple. In the end, do not forget to match your connections with the connection diagram. Now, ties all the wires in the appropriate group.
- If you find any mounting kit, then you will need to assemble it carefully.
- Once you are done connecting all the harnesses, all you need to do is to connect the power supply. Do not miss out on connecting the ground wire. It is very important for the optimum performance of the radio.
- Test the stereo.
- Gently push the new radio into its place.
- Carefully reconnect all the component you removed by screws.
- Check trim if it is placed correctly or not.
- Check out your upgraded music system.
In a Nutshell
It is very easy to install a new radio in your car if you are fed up from the sound of factory stereo if you read this guide with scrutiny. Always be precise with your requirements before you go to buy the new single din head unit. Do not forget to refer the user’s manual for your new radio to be careful.